Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Time and the livin's...Easy?

I can remember slow summer days, fishing on the doc with Grampa, and spending the entire day at the pool, coming home lobster red and G-ma putting a damp sheet on the couch so I could sleep.  It seemed like the days would last forever.  Now that I am grown, and have kids of my own, I wonder where those slow and easy summer days went.  Life is so fast and busy, it seems we never have a moment to stop and just enjoy a summer day.  Before I know it the school bells will be ringing again, so I am making a point to make the most of this summer.  The kids have helped with the garden, and we will learn some home canning together and with some failures and I hope some success we will be able to enjoy the fruits (and veggies) of our labor year round.  We will be taking a little longer trip to see their grandparents and will spend the 4th of July on the beach.  It is my goal not to rush this summer, to spend whole days with nothing planned but making others smile.  So, here's to iced tea and lemonade, melty popcicles, fishing, walking, talking and sunburns.

No comments:

Post a Comment