Saturday, June 11, 2011

Here's the first one!

OK, so I am so new to this "blog" thing!  I would never have thought of it at all, but for my dear friend Vicky, who suggested that I start one up.  I am not sure if I am thanking or cursing her yet, I'll let you know later.  

Let me start by stating loud and clear that I am by no means a writer.  I spell things wrong on a regular basis.  I punctuate rarely, and incorrectly most of the time that I try.  I am just a regular Mom with more important things to worry about than how to use a coma or a semi-colon properly.  You can email and try to correct me, but I will just congratulate you on your abilities and embrace my flaws :)  

So about me, this is tough, I don't like to talk about myself, I have never needed, nor wanted to be the center of attention, but I will start at the start and work my way up from there.  I am an only child, lucky and then again not so much.  I was raised in Southwest Minnesota in an itty bitty town named Holland.   I spent my winters freezing my rear off and my summers with my Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, and lots of Cousins.  Where I was taught many things by many people, the most important of those things being common sense.  A skill or trait that is so rare these days.  I have fond memories of being in Gramma's kitchen.  I only wish I had really been paying closer attention.  When I was 13 my folks dragged me to Oregon, new job for Dad...New school for an angry teenage girl, but eventually Oregon became home to me.  The friendships I made are still cherished today, and that's what home is really, isn't it?  I have since made my home here in Idaho with my fantastic husband, and my two youngest children, a hamster, 4 cats, 2 dogs, and Bob the goat.  I am sure to post tons more about all of the characters in my life.  

I think I will leave with that, and hope to see you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment